LOOFT is a small but growing company. We are connected through our passion for innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship, food and just having a good time. Our work culture is based on the Swedish values of equality and we have a flat structure with little hierarchy.
US Sales Manager
We are hiring a US Sales Manager. Are you or anyone you know the perfect fit?
Click here to read more about the opening!
Looft Industries is a Swedish company with head office in Stockholm, Sweden. Our products are sold in over 30 countries with the US being our largest market. In the US you can find our products at Ace Hardware, William-Sonoma, Amazon and independent hardware- and barbecue stores.
With the Looftlighter we invented a new way to light charcoal, briquettes and logs. We are proud to say that we have set a new standard for the industry.
Cooking food and gathering around fire is done all around the world and it distinguishes us as humans.
At LOOFT we want to make this old and universal tradition more accessible for everyone by offering high quality fire starters. We are also in business to fight lighter fluid which is not only bad tasting but also harmful for us and our planet. In 2020 we will release the groundbreaking and cordless Looftlighter X, our own grill as well as several accessories.
The company has been around for more than a decade, and this year we have been developing the company a lot with a new team, new products in the pipeline and rapidly growing sales. We give you the opportunity to influence and take ownership in this exciting journey.
What You’ll Be Up To
We are looking for a Sales Manager for the US market who will be responsible for managing, growing and developing our sales and business. You will be reporting to and work closely with our Head of Sales and Marketing who is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
You will be focusing on increasing our sales and improving our business relations with the retail chains and independent dealers where we are already present. You will also work towards getting our products into more retail chains such as Academy Sports and Walmart, as well as new independent dealers. If needed, someone from Sweden will join for important meetings.
LOOFT has always been exhibiting at different expos in the US and it has been a crucial way for us to gain new customers and create brand awareness. We will meet up for the main exhibitions, but you will also be handling expos by yourself.
You will be working on further strengthening the business through market analysis, research and trendspotting. You will initially be working as the sole representative for LOOFT but manage a team of sales reps.
Your main tasks:
• Work towards landing a spot in the large retail chains
• Be our contact person at the large retail chains
• Increase LOOFT ́s visibility and make sure that the exposure of our brand is according to our brand guidelines
• Responsible for developing the business together with our Head of Sales and Marketing in Sweden
• Be the spokesperson for LOOFT and demonstrate our products at expos and events
• Travel to meet our customers and visit our prioritized point of sales all over the US to identify opportunities, understanding and provide training and executional support when needed
• Manage sales reps
• Support us in creating marketing strategies
• Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to grow market share and enter new verticals
• Provide voice of customer insights to our marketing- and product development team to ensure their activities support the sales goals and objectives
• Regular travel to new business opportunities and key accounts in support of business development and closing activity
Who You Are
• A driven and self-going person that get things done
• Amazing at networking and building relationships
• Sales experience with a proven track record
• Strategic thinker who can architect an overall sales plan and create an effective sales process.
• Love to travel and ability to travel (20-40%) as needed as a part of the role
• Ability to communicate internationally using appropriate technology
• Ability to patiently and professionally handle customer requests, problems and complaints
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Speaking Spanish is a bonus
• Genuine interest in barbecue and outdoors is a bonus
Working at LOOFT
LOOFT is a small but growing company. We are connected through our passion for
innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship, food and just having a good time. Our work culture is based on the Swedish values of equality and we have a flat structure with little hierarchy.
You will be based in the USA and communicate on a daily basis with the Team in Sweden.
You will meet the Swedish team several times a year when they visit the US. Trips to Stockholm, Sweden and other parts in Europe may also happen.
Send your application to:
For questions contact Patrik Barje, Head of Sales and Marketing at
Are you a student who is looking for an interesting company where you can do an internship or degree project and actually make a difference and have responsibility? Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and let us know about your passion and how it can be applied to LOOFT.
If you love what we do and think that you would be a great match but can’t find a job that suits you – we still want to hear from you! Just send us your CV with a cover letter motivating why you want to join LOOFT. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org